If you don't take care of yourself on the road, who will? You can't rely on your colleagues, clients or hotel staff to make sure you're eating right, getting a good night's sleep and staying safe. So here's a Woman Road Warrior Checklist to put in your phone or your bag to help keep your well-being front and center on the road.
1. Always carry identification.
2. Look for meal alternatives to room service.
3. Take something to read or work on when eating alone.
4. Don't limit yourself to food choices listed on the menu.
5. Use the hotel concierge
for advice and reservations.
6. Take proper steps
to get a good night's sleep in the hotel.
7. Don't limit your exercise options
to the hotel health club.
8. Don't leave credit card receipts or anything else with personal identification in the hotel room trashcans.
9. Leave copies (front and back) of all credit cards, identification and other important documents at home.
10. Use your time at home to keep up your relationships.
11. Develop systems for managing your family responsibilities while you're on the road.
See you on the road!